11.23.2009

Location

23 Hoyt
529 NW 23 and Hoyt
Portland, Oregon 97210
503.445.7400

Erin: If I were to compare this restaurant to an old boyfriend it would have to be Andrew. Andrew was great. He was beautiful, gave me a plant for my birthday and he silently counted all the sports he played on his fingers while no one was looking. I loved him (kind of). One night he told me he didn't want to see me anymore. It broke my heart. I cried. I tried to change his mind. I think I begged? Then I feigned ill. I fell over and told him I was dizzy and didn't feel well. He left. Then I ate a bunch of ice cream and started dating his friend Erik.
Much like Andrew- 23 Hoyt gave much and took little in return. The happy hour we partook of was inexpensive and filling. 23 Hoyt was beautifully decorated and meticulously located (I mean imagine if 23 Hoyt was located on 11th and Couch). The food was great. All the waitresses were attentive and the water glasses were never empty. My 23Hoyt Burger was delicious and the onion rings were awesome. As I felt our time was nearing an end I ordered squash raviolis just to push back the inevitable. The brown butter and sage sauce that I'm usually crazy about was good but not great. That's when I knew our time had run it's course. When we finally left I did feel dizzy and my stomach definitely hurt. Probably from all of the fried food. I will, however, always look back on those tempura mushrooms with fondness. Those were the good times. Mmmm. Yum. Ponzu sauce.
Lucky for me Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe was located just across the street. I was able to move on like every other warm blooded woman in this world- with chocolate. Maybe 23 Hoyt has a best friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment