12.06.2009

Chicken Rock Hands

mEAT cheese bread
1406 SE Stark Street
Portland Or
503.234.1700
Erin will write soon... I swear.



Erik: There was no cheese with my meat bread. My meat bread had bacon beets lettuce and aoli. This was presumably a twist on the "BLT." This sandwich that I had in front of me was not called "BLB,"* because that is just not fun. No one wants to be thought of as a plagiarizer. The taste was original however, and the bacon was hefty. The beets were cold, just as a tomato might be. Great sandwich alltogether. The only real criticism I had was that the bread was a bit chewy. It took me twice as long to eat my sandwich as it took Erin to eat hers. There is a difference between Toasty and Chewy. This bread was just a bit on the chewy side, which I suppose some people like. I jaw all day at work and that makes me tired enough. Soup was ordered as well, tomato basil soup. That’s a basic, and they didn't screw it up. Good job. Meat Cheese Bread is a really good place to get a sandwich, and a place with either a really stupid or really good name. I can't decide which.

*I've now realized the sandwich is in fact called the BLB, which I do not agree with.






1 comment: